The National Family Caregiver Support Program offers flexible benefits and support services to informal caregivers of people 60 years of age or older, an individual with Alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder and also for grandparents and relatives age 55 or older caring for a relative child no older than 18 years of age related by birth, marriage or adoption. The services include:
• Information about available programs and services.
• Assistance accessing services.
• Counseling, support groups and training to help caregivers make decisions and solve problems related to their caregiver role.
• Respite care to give caregivers time off from care giving responsibilities.
• Supplemental services on a limited basis, to supplement caregiving tasks.
Contact your local Area Agency on Aging and Independent Living athttps://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dail/Pages/aaail.aspx for more information about this program.